Kyle is 7 1/2 months old. Seriously? Where has the time gone? He is such a happy, sweet little baby. Sometimes he even smiles when he's crying! He is starting to like solid food more. Now he just likes to wiggle around a lot, get distracted by the fun things Cameron is doing, and try to pull his bib off. He sits pretty well, but since he's such a chunky fella he still tips over a lot. He is such a talkative boy! He's hardly ever quiet--he's always cooing and gargling and making cute sounds.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Update
I've decided I'll never get around to blogging about our Europe trip. I mean, it's been two and a half months--have you seen much yet? Nope. I journaled everything, but it's like 10 pages long. So if you're bored and really need something to read, let me know and I'll email it to you. Or you can watch the video on here; that's a pretty good overview.
Cameron is just as talkative, but at least we understand everything he's saying. :) He will talk anyone's ear off if they show the slightest interest. The usual topic is dinosaurs or dragons. We took him to see How to Train Your Dragon soon after it came out, and boy does he love it! He's got all the names of the dragons memorized and knows everything about them. Funny kid.
We took a short trip to Disneyland over spring break and had a great time. Both boys are great travelers--we didn't even have to resort to the DVD player for Cameron! Anyway, my whole immediate family went the same time, and we had a super yummy dinner at my beloved El Torito (best Mexican restaurant ever) the first night we were there. The next morning we all went to Disneyland. The weather was PERFECT! We all did our own thing at different points throughout the day--it's a nightmare trying to keep a group together! So Kyle's first ride was Pirates, and he was a little unsure of what was going on at first, but eventually he realized he could hold my hand and then he was happy. Actually, that's about how it was for Cameron, too! :) We were all (everyone) able to go on Buzz Lightyear and Haunted Mansion together. Our little Spencer fam went on Nemo and Storybookland, which both boys really liked. The rest of the rides we had to do the stroller swap thing (which is awesome), so overall we got to do and see everything we wanted to.



The next day everyone went their own way (most of them back home) and we went to the La Brea Tar Pits. I'd learned about it in Geology way back in the day, and had wanted to see what it was all about. I knew Aaron and Cameron would think it was interesting, too. So it was mostly a museum, but outside there is still a tar lake and spots in the grass that have tar seeping through. Weird. So there were lots of preserved bones n' stuff that they've found over the years.

After that we went to Santa Monica Pier, and it was a little chillier that day, but Cameron still wanted to play in the ocean. He had fun even though he about had hypothermia by the time we got back to the car!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jana, did I know you had a blog?...I don't remember. I really enjoyed reading your posts. I'll be checking it regularly now. Someday, when we go to disney land I'm going to be asking you guys about how to find the best deal for sure.
your babies are precious! glad you guys had such a good time! someday, we need to all take a huge family trip somewhere!
Post a Comment